Under the direct supervision of the Director of Social Services, develops specific behavior programs, outings and activities designed for one-on-one interaction with a resident. The programs are used to enhance permanent behavior changes to integrate the daily routine of the resident. The major focus is to improve community integration and resident interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a positive, encouraging, and educational environment for team members
- Assists designated residents with rehabilitative social support, advocacy, educational and vocation mentor and self-maintenance
- Provides one on one support and coaching to help residents socialize
- Supports resident participation in groups
- Create and attain goals for residents
- Responsible to develop a specific behavior programs, outings and activities designed for 1:1 interaction to improve the daily behavior of specific/designated residents
- Completes necessary documentation for each resident encounter
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Nursing Assistant Certification
- If not a certified Nursing Assistant, must become a certified NA as a condition of employment
- Two (2) year previous experience with developmentally disabled preferred
The Margaret E. Moul Home is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disabled veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.