Under the direct supervision of the RN Supervisor or Director of Nursing, provides clinical support services to resident care staff by performing a variety of duties related to resident care. Assists residents with activities of daily living (bathing, feeding, toileting, etc.), takes temperatures, and performs special assigned duties and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a positive, encouraging, and educational environment for team members
- Provides general nursing and personal care assistance to residents, including activities of daily living
- Follows resident care profile, care plan and behavioral management plans
- Reports any unusual symptoms or events of a resident to a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Possess the knowledge and skills to keep residents safe
- Performs hourly rounds to identify and address patient needs
- Obtains and electronically documents using PointClickCare
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, flow sheets, profiles, care plans, behavioral plans, policy and procedure manuals
- Carry out written, oral or diagram instructions
- Able to communicate with residents and team members
- High school diploma
- Nursing Assistant Certification
- Prefer individual with Nursing Assistant experience
The Margaret E. Moul Home is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disabled veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.