Under direct supervision of the Director of Environmental Services, performs a variety of general tasks related to maintaining the building, equipment and grounds in a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment for staff and residents. Must have ability to follow instructions from supervisor, use hand and power tools and knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary course of action
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician such as repairing drywall, painting, repairing building fixtures, etc.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems
- May oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred
One (1) year previous experience in a healthcare setting but will train the right candidate