Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Environmental Services, performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas. Also, collects soiled laundry and distributes clean linens/clothing to each unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a positive, encouraging, and educational environment for team members
- Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain resident rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of bathrooms
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms
- Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas
- Cleans fixtures, tops of windows and door frames
- Stock supplies in each utility storage room
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials
- Removes waste and soiled linens from Soiled Utility Rooms
- Examines articles for stains, tears or other imperfections
- Washes, dries, folds and delivers linens/towels/clothing on carts for distribution
- Cleans equipment and work area at end of work day.
- Alerts supervisor to malfunctioning/defective equipment
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One (1) year previous experience preferred, but will train the right candidate
The Margaret E. Moul Home is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disabled veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.